Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Inexorable, Implacable Waitlist

Well folks, I recieved an update from UVM on Sunday that the adcom had reviewed my file and I would be notified regarding their decision soon. Monday morning I checked again, as I obsessively do, and I have been put on the waitlist at UVM. This isn't quite as cheering as an outright "Come to UVM!", but it's orders of magnitude better than "We don't want your kind here". So, now the long, impatient waiting game begins. The webpage says that the rankings on the waitlist will be posted on May 15. AUUUGH!!!! ME NO WAITEE! UVM only tells you which third of the waitlist you're on, top, middle or bottom. This is both a curse and a blessing. It does remove the dreaded "I'm 200th inline for a spot", but it also removes any knowledge that you might be picked first. At the moment, at least according to SDN (see my links), several instaters who were waitlisted on monday have already been accepted. Oh to be a vermonter. Presumably once the necessary quota of instaters has been acceptted, they will plumb the waitlist. THere are a few out of staters (OOS'ers to teh SDN initiates) who have been accepted already, so who knows. The scuttlebutt is that the waitlist is pretty dynamic and fast moving, unlike those at other schools. I wll keep you all posted of any and all developments that transpire.

No comments: