Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I test the body electric

Well my transcendental journey is complete. I have evolved from a historian liberal arts type into a scientist. If, that is, you extrapolate my personality from my MCAT scores, as I justifiably do. The reason for my conclusion, specious though it is, is that I just scored 11 on the physical sciences while scoring 9 on verbal reasoning. Bravo Physical sciences! Down With Rhetoric!!!
test question for you MCAT junkies out there: If the body electric radiates heat at 500 W, and a current of 14 A is flowing through the body, then what maximal potential difference exists on the plates of a parallell plate capacitor assuming an alternating current?


answer: This was a trick question!!! BWahahahaha! the MCAT only tests DC circuits.
Correlary Test question: Assuming DC then, what is the potential difference?

Solution: P=IV, so V=P/I we have then: V=500/14 =37 V (approx).

Ohm's law has also enabled us to transcend both physics and literature, because we can now figure out what kind of resistance the ol' transcendenatlist (how many times can i work that word into this blog entry?) Walt Whitman was talking about when he "Sang the Body Electric".
Solution: V=IR, so R=V/I and you can do the math yourself.

No comments: