Monday, July 31, 2006

What did I do?

Since the last bunch of text went online from yours truly, I have been on vacation. I was not saving the amputees of Darfur or making glass eyes in Nigeria. No, the perpetual pre-med was on a self indulgent vacation. The first part of this break was pretty much a sufferfest. Two friends, Chris and Seth (you made it into my blog!), our wives and I decided to bike the length of the Oregon coast. For the uninitiated, that's 360 miles of rugged hilly highway. Not a bad little road trip, until you considert he time constraint we had given ourselves. 3 days. 120 miles a day. That's pretty reasonable if you're on flat ground, but we werent. WE averaged 16 mph, climbed 15000 feet, and travelled a long way. WE eventually called it quits in Gold Beach, about 30 miles from the california border. I was so sore I could barely pedal, my triceps were so tired I could hardly stay upright on the bike. Stopping was a joy, but restarting was murder. I was sore for 3 days.
Part two of the vacation was a 3 day camping trip in Idaho at Bear Lake. Mindy and I covered 4 states in this vacation, Oregon, Idaho, Utah and small corner of Wyoming. WE could aslo see Washington as we drove downt the Gorge. After this we chilled at the in-laws for 3 days in Shelley Idaho. So, that is all and since I was out o f Email contact, no updation of the blog was possible. Todya I spent the afternoon working on the secondaries from Boston U and Penn State.

No comments: